How to make Spaghetti Carbonara with Smoked Bacon & Free Range Chicken
Spaghetti carbonara with smoked bacon, topped with grilled free range chicken. This could quite possibly be the most delicious meal anyone has ever made! It's unbelievable how much of a difference cooking with quality ingredients really makes. Then again, having Darryl Fletcher in the kitchen doesn't hurt either.
Spaghetti Carbonara (serves 4)
Spaghetti Carbonara with Smoked Bacon & Free Range Chicken
- Dice the onion, garlic and smoked bacon and combine them in a bowl. (See the picture above).
- Preheat a pan to medium heat, add 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil and add the bacon mixture to the pan.
- Saute until the onions become translucent.
- Reduce heat, add 1/2 cup of white wine.
- Once the alcohol in the wine has cooked off add the cream to the mixture.\
- Let the sauce simmer at a very low temperature. Until you arrive at the desired consistency.
- Your sauce is ready once the cream has reduced by half.
While your sauce is cooking, you should be simultaneously grilling your chicken breasts and cooking your spaghetti. Depending on you comfort in the kitchen, you may want to grill the chicken and make the pasta ahead of time.