How to Make Smoked Bacon & Bean Chili
It's not always easy to find dishes that please every guest at a party. With this smoked bacon and bean chili, Chef D manages to satisfy everyone from your hungriest guests, and the most health conscious people in the crowd.
This smoked bacon & bean chili, proves once and for all that party food is all about flavour, not simply empty calories.
Ingredients for Smoked Bacon & Bean Chili:
- Nutrafarms Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- 1 Cup Diced Onions
- 2 Stocks Of Celery (diced)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of Garlic (diced)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Cup Roasted Red Peppers
- Frank’s Red Hot (to taste)
- 1/4 Cups Red Wine
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Bottle Strained Tomatoes
- 2 Tins Of 6 Bean Medley
Instructions for Smoked Bacon & Bean Chili:
- This recipe is ridiculously easy. Simply preheat an oven safe skillet and add 1/2 a pack of diced, Nutrafarms smoked bacon.
- Once the bacon become translucent, start stirring in the onions, garlic, and celery.
- Next, add a bit of salt & pepper to taste, followed by 1/2 a cup of roasted red peppers and as much Franks Red Hot Sauce as you'd like.
- Next, you'll need to add all the wet ingredients to the pan. That includes the mustard, wine and both types of tomato.
- Finish this chili by adding 2 medium tins of 6 bean medley and baking for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and serve with the freshest bread you can find!
We hope you have as much fun making this dish as we had shooting the video above. The chili turned out absolutely delicious! It had an amazing smokey taste that permeated throughout the meal, and n
o one left a drop on their plates. Chef D guarantees this dish will be a favourite at your upcoming events today, and for years to come.