If you've never had an Oklahoma Onion Burger, you're in for a treat. This classic burger style is all about the onions, which are cooked right into the patty to create a flavourful crust.
With Nutrafarms grass-fed beef and a few simple ingredients, you can make this delicious burger at home.
Ingredients for Oklahoma Onion Burger:
- 1 lb Nutrafarms grass-fed ground beef
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1 onion, sliced thin (use a mandolin for best results)
- Sliced pickles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 burger buns, toasted
Prep & Directions for Oklahoma Onion Burger:
- Heat a flat-top griddle or a cast iron frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper, then divide it into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a ball.
- Place one ball of meat in the hot pan and top it with a handful of sliced onions.
- Use a spatula to smash down on the ball of meat and onions, creating a thin patty with a layer of onions on top.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, then flip the patty over and cook for an additional minute.
- Add a slice of American cheese to each patty, then remove from the pan and place on a toasted burger bun.
- Top each burger with sliced pickles and mustard, and enjoy!
Oklahoma Onion Burger Pro Tip:
Be sure to use a flat-top griddle or a cast iron frying pan to get the best results. Don't be afraid to really smash down on the meat and onions to create a thin patty with a crispy crust.
Toast the burger buns for a few seconds on the griddle or in a toaster oven to give them a bit of crunch.
Final Thoughts: Oklahoma Onion Burger
There you have it - the perfect Oklahoma Onion Burger made with Nutrafarms grass-fed beef. With just a few simple ingredients and some know-how, you can create a delicious and unique burger at home.
So what are you waiting for? Fire up that griddle and let's get cooking!