We recently asked our chef, Darryl Fletcher, and Alex McDonough from MCD Fitness to sit down and come up with an amazing menu of Low Carb and Keto friendly menu ideas.
This recipe is comforting, easy, and Keto friendly! It showcases the incredible flavour of our Ontario raised, grass-fed beef, uses some delicious beef broth and is accented with Ontario raised root vegetables.
Ingredients for Slow Cooked Keto Beef Stew:
For this recipe, you need to start with either 2.5 lbs of Blade Roast or 2 packages of Nutrafarms' Stewing Beef. Ideally, the cut you are using will have a high-fat content to ensure that it will stew to a juicy, melt in your mouth texture.
- A knob of butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 cup of diced turnips
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of high-quality stewing tomatoes, diced
- Half a cup of diced peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Slow Cooked Keto Beef Stew:
- Begin by melting a generous knob of butter in a Dutch oven or roasting pan.
- Cut the Blade Roast into bite-sized, 1-inch cubes for a satisfying texture.
- Dice the onion and mince 3 cloves of garlic. For an easy garlic dicing technique, watch ChefD's video at the 1:48 mark above.
- Once the butter is melted and sizzling, add the minced garlic and diced onion to the pan. Sauté until the onion turns translucent and aromatic.
- Introduce the Grass-Fed Beef to the pan, searing it over high heat for 5-7 minutes until a lovely brown crust forms.
- As the beef's natural fats begin to render, incorporate the turnips, carrots, and peppers into the mixture, adding vibrant colours and flavours.
- Pour in about 1 cup of hearty Beef Bone Broth and diced tomatoes to keep the stew beautifully moist and bursting with taste.
- Season the stew with salt and pepper to your desired taste.
- Cover the Dutch oven or roasting pan and transfer it to a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow the stew to simmer and meld flavours for 2.5 to 3 hours.
- Take out of the oven and let sit for 10 minutes and then dig in!
- Enjoy, take pics and tag us at @Nutrafarms.inc using the hashtags #nutrafarms & #fueledbynutrafarms
Savour a comforting stew blending Grass-Fed Beef richness with vibrant vegetables. A heartwarming, satisfying recipe. Try this heartwarming, satisfying recipe today!
To learn more about the Ketogenic diet and why it may or may not work for you - Alex McDonough from MCD Fitness.