A soul-warming soup with rich flavour.
Ingredients for Roasted Garlic and Cauliflower Soup:
- 1 bulb of Garlic
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 3 onions finely chopped.
- 4 stalks of celery finely chopped.
- 2 cups of white wine
- 3 L of organic vegetable stock
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp of Corn Starch
- 2 cups creme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Roasted Garlic and Cauliflower Soup:
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Cut cauliflower and peel the garlic bulb, place both on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 1 hour.
- Once the garlic and cauliflower are roasted, put them in a large stock pot and add onions and celery and sauté at med/high heat until the onions start to soften.
- Add nutmeg, wine and vegetable stock, bring up to a boil then reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 hour.
- Take soup off heat and puree until smooth, adding crème. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Chef’s Tip: If the soup is not thick enough, make a slurry with cornstarch and add it to the soup.