The aroma will call your family to dinner for this one!
Ingredients for Best Beef Stew:
- 3 lbs Stewing Nutrafarms Beef
Red Pepper, finely diced
- 1 small Turnip, finely diced
- 2 Onions, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups of finely diced Carrots
- 1 cup of finely diced Parsnips
- 2 Bay Leaf crumbled
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 2-900ml containers of Organic Beef stock (hold back ¾ cup of the stock)
- 2 tbsp of Corn Starch
- 1 cup of thawed frozen Pea and Corn mixture
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Instructions for Best Beef Stew:
- Combine root vegetables, red pepper,
onions, and beef in the pressure cooker. If using stove top method, refer to the bottom.
- Put over high heat for five minutes, or until the red button on the lid of the pressure cooker pops out. Then reduce heat to low and cook soup for another 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the soup off the heat. Wait five minutes until you can remove the lid.
(The Pressure cooker will not allow you to release the lid until the red button returns to its rest position.)
- Remove lid.
- Mix together corn starch and beef stock until corn starch is combined (this will be a smooth texture).
- Add thawed peas and corn.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed. (Stove top method place in a large stewing pot and cook on low for 1-2 hours stirring occasionally.)