The soya milk makes this a low-fat dish. Try it, you’ll like it!
Ingredients for Cup Squash Soup with Soya Milk:
- 2 cups of diced Butternut Squash
- 2 cups diced Amber Cup squash
- 1 cup carrots
- 2 cups chopped onions
red pepper, roughly chopped.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 bays leaves
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup Soya Milk
- Season with Salt and pepper
Instructions for Cup Squash Soup with Soya Milk:
(Note I use a pressure cooker, if using a stock pot add 1 more hour for cooking)
- Add all ingredients except cheese and salt and pepper to a pressure cooker. Seal the lid and place over med/high heat, bring up to heat or when the safety valve clicks up and then reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes to release steam, then remove lid when safety valve has gone down.
- Purée soup and add Soya Milk and season with salt and pepper.