Ingredients for ChefD’s Mac and Cheese:
- 1 cup crème cheese
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan Cheese
- 1-1/2 cups 5-year-old cheddar
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 onion finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 500g pkg of your favourite pasta (I like using Fusilli Bucati)
- Salt and pepper
Instructions for ChefD’s Mac and Cheese:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat a large stock pot of salted water and cook pasta 5 minutes; drain and put aside3.
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 tbsp butter and onion; sauté over med/high heat until the onions soften (about 5 minutes), then add milk, wine, crème cheese, Parmesan cheese and 5-year-old cheddar. Reduce heat to medium and stir constantly until cheese is melted, about 7 – 9 minutes.
- In a separate large saucepan, combine a ¼ cup of the melted butter and flour over med heat, stirring constantly until flour is all mixed into butter, about 3 minutes. Slowly whisk cheese and milk sauce into flour mixture (whisking the lumps out) and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ¼ cup of melted butter and breadcrumbs; mix well.
- In the stock pot, combine pasta and cheese sauce and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and pour mixture into a greased 9 x 12″ baking pan, covering with buttered breadcrumbs. Bake for 45 until sauce starts bubbling on the corners of the baking pan.