ChefD's Prime Rib Roast
Prime Rib Roast is one of the succulent pieces of beef available. The fat marbled through the roast all but guarantees a tender and delicious roast. Combine that with Chef Darryl Fletcher's tried and true Prime Rib Roast recipe and you have about as close to a can't miss recipe as possible.
In this video, ChefD started with a 2.5 kg, grass-fed, Prime Rib Roast from Nutrafarms. Then he seasoned liberally with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
- Pat your prime rib roast dry using a paper towel.
- .Season very liberally with pink Himalayan salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Place into a cast iron frying pan and roast at 475 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add one cup of either water or stock to the cast iron pan.
- Reduce heat to 200 degrees and roast until your desired doneness.
- Use a meat thermometer and when your roast reaches your desired cooking temperature, take it out of the oven, cover in foil and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Slice the prime rib roast to your desired thickness. take a pic, tag #nutrafarms and dig in!