Pork belly burnt ends are the ultimate BBQ treat, and they're perfect for any occasion. These bite-sized, juicy pieces of pork are packed with flavour, and they're sure to satisfy your cravings.
In this recipe, we'll be using a pellet grill to cook the pork belly to perfection, and we'll be serving them with a tangy and sweet BBQ sauce that complements the meat perfectly. If you don’t have a pellet grill, just follow along using your oven or BBQ and you will still get amazing results.
Ingredients for Pork Belly Burnt Ends:
- 2 lbs Nutrafarms pork belly, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup of your favourite BBQ rub
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Prep & Directions for Pork Belly Burnt Ends:
1. Preheat the pellet grill to 275°F.
2. Season the pork belly cubes with the BBQ rub and place them in a large bowl.
3. Mix together the BBQ sauce, brown sugar, honey, apple cider vinegar, and butter in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
4. Place the seasoned pork belly cubes on the grill grates, making sure they are spaced out.
5. Smoke the pork belly cubes for 2-3 hours, until they are tender and the exterior is crispy.
6. Remove the pork belly cubes from the grill and place them in a large bowl.
7. Pour the BBQ sauce over the pork belly cubes and toss to coat.
8. Place the coated pork belly cubes back on the grill and continue to cook for another 30 mins, until the sauce has caramelized, and the cubes are fork-tender.
9. Serve the pork belly burnt ends hot with your favourite sides, like coleslaw, baked beans, or mac and cheese.
Final Thoughts: Pork Belly Burnt Ends
With the combination of the tender and juicy pork belly and the tangy and sweet BBQ sauce, these Pork Belly Burnt Ends are sure to be a hit at your next BBQ or family gathering.
Using a pellet grill to cook these pork belly cubes not only saves you time, but it also creates a delicious smoky flavour that will take your taste buds to another level. Give this recipe a try, and let us know in the comments how you liked it. Happy grilling!