How to Make Pulled Pork
Pulled Pork is an absolute classic at almost any party. The only problem is that for people living in condos or smaller spaces, there isn't always access to a smoker or a BBQ. And that's why we love Darryl Fletcher.
In the video below, ChefD shows you how you can make a smokey pulled pork in the comfort of your own kitchen. This recipe is a guaranteed party favorite that will work amazing on sandwiches tonight and even better on top of nachos tomorrow.
For this recipe, you need to start with either a pork roast or a blade roast. Ideally, the cut you are using will have a very high-fat content to ensure that it will cook up moist and delicious.
You will also need 3 tbsp of smoked spice, 2 tbsp of Chinese 5 spice, 3-4 tbsp of granulated garlic, 1/2 cup of Crown Royal (or any other the of rye), a half bottle of inexpensive red wine, and 1 and a 1/2 cups of vegetable stock.
- Start by placing your pork roast into a dutch oven or roasting pan.
- Cover the roast with, 3 tbsp of smoked spice, 2 tbsp of Chinese 5 spice, and 3-4 tbsp of granulated garlic. Don't worry about coating the roast evenly, it will sort itself out during the 6-7 hours your pork is in the oven.
- This dish requires a lot of liquid to make sure the pork stays moist and eventually crumbles to the touch. Pour, 1/2 cup of Crown Royal (or any other the of rye), a half bottle of inexpensive red wine, and 1 and a 1/2 cups of vegetable stock into the dutch oven.
- Cover and place into an oven preheated to 250 ℉ (121 ℃) for between 6 and 7 hours.
- Remove from the oven and pull the pork apart using a pair of forks.
- At this point the pastured pulled pork is already mouthwateringly delicious. You can now choose to either eat it the way it is, or mix in BBQ sauce, vinegar or any other flavour you'd like.
- Enjoy, take pics and tag us at @Nutrafarms.inc
Eating With Nutrafarms
The only way to know if eating with Nutrafarms is right for you and your family is to speak with one of our farm representatives. They will walk you through the ordering process and show you how to customize your order to your family's tastes and budget.