Looking for a quick and easy meal to make on a busy weeknight? Look no further than Cha Han - Japanese Fried Rice! This delicious and satisfying dish is perfect for using up any leftover meat you may have in the fridge, and can be whipped up in just a matter of minutes.
With a flavourful combination of rice, vegetables, eggs, and meat, Cha Han is a hearty and nutritious meal that the whole family will love. So why not give this recipe a try and see just how easy and delicious it can be to use up those leftover ingredients?
Ingredients for Cha Han Rice:
- 1/2 cup precut spring onions
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, chopped
- Leftover protein (we used 4 oz of New York steak)
- 3 eggs, scrambled and seasoned
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups day-old Japanese rice
- Salt, pepper, and soy sauce to taste
Prep & Directions for Cha Han Rice:
- Scramble and season the eggs and set aside.
- In a pan, heat up the sesame oil and add the chopped carrots and celery. Cook until they are tender.
- Add the spring onions and protein (NY Steak) to the pan and cook until heated through.
- Heat up the day-old rice, add it to the pan and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the scrambled egg.
- Add salt, pepper, and soy sauce to taste.
- Stir everything together until evenly mixed.
- Serve and enjoy your Japanese fried rice, also known as Cha Han.
Cha Han, or Japanese fried rice, is a versatile and satisfying dish that can be made quickly and easily with just a few simple ingredients. This recipe is perfect for using up leftover protein and turning it into a delicious weeknight meal that the whole family will love. The combination of tender vegetables, fluffy scrambled eggs, and savoury sesame oil is a match made in heaven with day-old Japanese rice. And with the added seasoning of salt, pepper, and soy sauce, this dish is sure to become a household favourite.
We hope this recipe has inspired you to get creative in the kitchen and explore the delicious world of Japanese cuisine. With its unique flavours and simple preparation, Cha Han is the perfect dish to add to your regular meal rotation.