This recipe is light, healthy, and downright delicious. It’s an excellent choice for a quick and easy dinner, or even as a standout dish at your next get-together.
One of the many reasons we adore this recipe is because it showcases one of Nutrafarms' star products: our pastured chicken. When you bite into these spring rolls, you'll immediately notice the difference that our locally-sourced, high-quality ingredients make.
Now, let's get into the fun part – making these delicious Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce!
Ingredients for Fresh Spring Rolls:
- Rice Noodle Wraps
- Vermicelli Noodles
- Nutrafarms' Pastured Chicken (we used leftovers from a whole chicken we cooked yesterday).
- Cilantro sliced carrots
- Sautéed Shrimp
Ingredients for Peanut Sauce:
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ⅓ cup reduced sodium tamari or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated fresh ginger or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
Prep & Directions for Fresh Spring Rolls:
- Place the Rice Noodle Wrap in warm water to soften.
- Add pulled chicken (we used leftovers from a whole pastured chicken we smoked a few days earlier).
- Add cool, cooked vermicelli noodles.
- Add fresh cilantro and shredded lettuce.
- Add sautéed shrimp.
- Fold in the edges and roll it up.
Prep & Directions for Peanut Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
Quick Tip for the peanut sauce: If you prefer a bit more heat, you can add a dash of hot sauce or a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
These spring rolls are the epitome of 'fresh' - they're packed with nutrients from the lettuce and cilantro, protein from our pastured chicken, and are wrapped in a delicate rice paper. Dipped in the rich, savoury peanut sauce, it’s an explosion of flavours in every bite.
We can't wait for you to try this recipe out at home. Trust us, once you've made it, these fresh spring rolls will become a regular feature in your meal rotation.