Are you looking for a hearty and comforting dinner that requires minimal effort? Look no further than this pot roast braised in beer with Nutrafarms grass-fed beef.
Not only is it delicious and packed with flavour, but it also utilizes Nutrafarms beef roast, making it a convenient and healthy choice for busy families.
Ingredients for Grass-Fed Beef Pot Roast:
- 1 Nutrafarms beef roast (a blade, cross rib, or brisket)
- 2 cans of ale or stout
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep & Directions for Grass-Fed Beef Pot Roast:
- Preheat your oven or pellet grill to 325 degrees F.
- Season the beef roast with salt and pepper.
- Place the roast in a large pot or Dutch oven, on top of the sliced onion and garlic.
- Pour the can of ale or stout over the roast and onions/garlic and add the bay leaves.
- Braise the roast in the smoker for 4-6 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 200F and the roast is fork-tender.
- Remove from the smoker and let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Final Thoughts: Beef Pot Roast Braised in Beer
Served with mashed potatoes, the braising liquid makes a delicious gravy once the beef has been removed. We used a pellet grill for this pot roast, but feel free to use an oven at home if that is preferable.
Nutrafarms makes it easier for people with busy schedules to prepare nutritious meals at home by providing convenient local food delivery to your doorstep. Learn more about how Nutrafarms can simplify your cooking and shopping.