Filipino Chicken Adobo is a flavourful stew that features tender chicken pieces. The dish has become widely beloved due to its delectable taste and straightforward preparation process, making it a staple in many Filipino households.
Adobo is a versatile dish that can be made with chicken, pork, beef, or even fish. In this recipe, we will be making a traditional chicken adobo using
Ingredients for Chicken Adobo:
- 1 whole
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole onion, minced
- 5 pcs. Bay leaves
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of crushed pepper
Prep & Directions for Chicken Adobo:
- Add the cooking oil in a large skillet in a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion once the oil starts to heat up.
- Pour the chicken on the pan together with the water and let it boil.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce, bay leaves and pepper.
- Let it simmer for 30-45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and fully cooked.
- Taste the dish and add seasonings according to your liking and enjoy!
- For a richer flavor, you can add 1/4 cup of brown sugar together with other spices.
- If you prefer a saucier adobo or less sauce, you can adjust the amount of water or marinade used.
- Last but not the least, this dish is best served with white rice for a full asian experience!
Chicken Adobo is a quintessential Filipino dish that has captured the hearts and palates of many throughout the country. The combination of tender, juicy chicken and savoury umami adobo sauce creates a comforting and satisfying meal that appeals from children to adults. The delicious taste of chicken adobo is irresistible and always hits the spot.