How to Pastured Pork Schnitzel Bites
These Schnitzel Bites are a fun way to eat schnitzel instead of premade chicken fingers AND the best part is, you make them yourself. This way, you KNOW what you are eating, where your food comes from and you really get to fine tune everything to fit your families likes and dislikes.
Ingredients for Schnitzel Bites:
- 4 Nutrafarms boneless pork loins
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs beaten.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Ingredients for Dip:
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Chilli flakes
- Dried garlic
Instructions for Schnitzel Bites:
- After you have pounded out each of your pork chops to about 1/4 inch thick, cut into bite sized pieces and put aside.
- Preheat oil, med/high, in a high sided fry pan.
- Put flour, eggs and breadcrumbs, each, in its own separate bowl.
- Take each piece of pork and dip in flour, then egg then finish in breadcrumbs and place on a large plate.
- Repeat until all pork bites are coated.
- Gently place in the heated oil. Make sure it sizzles when it goes in. If not remove immediately and wait till it is hotter.
- Cook for 2 minutes. One minute on each side. Should be a golden brown colour.
- Take from oil and put on a plate and serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
- WARNING: These will not last long!
These Schnitzel Bites are a delicious alternative to some of the more common party appetizers at almost any occasion. Chef D made sure to include them in his Super Bowl preparations but in reality, they'll be a crowd favorite each and every time you serve them!