How To Make An Italian Chicken BLTC
An Italian Chicken BLTC is a thing of beauty. Grilled free-range chicken breast, on a crumbly Italian roll, topped with fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, tomato, lettuce, mayo, and basil! If your friends and family don't like this one, it's time to get some new friends, lol.
In reality, this sandwich has been a personal favourite since the first time I tried it. It's easy to make, fresh, crispy and above all…DELICIOUS!
Ingredients for Grilled Italian Chicken Sandwich:
- Chicken breast
- Italian buns
- Fresh mozzarella
Instructions for Grilled Italian Chicken Sandwich:
- Cut the fresh mozzarella into 1/2 cm slices.
- Cut the tomato into 1/2 cm slices.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Chicken is the star of this sandwich. Make sure to use some of Nutrafarms’ Ontario-grown, ethically-raised chicken.
- Add some salt and pepper.
- BBQ the chicken and prosciutto.
- Build Your Sandwich
- Toast the bun, then add mayo and pesto.
- Enjoy with family and friends!
I love this dish because it's a twist on a classic Canadian sandwich that people already know and love. There is just no way that substituting prosciutto for bacon and fresh mozzarella for cheddar won't turn a few heads and make you a few new fans when you make this dish.
Give this recipe a try and let us know how it goes in the comment section. We know you'll be happy you did.