Italian Sausage Sandwich
Sausages made with Ontario raised, cage-free pork. On their own they are delicious but in a sandwich, they are absolutely amazing.
What's the big deal about the sandwich you may ask. The answer is simple. A round sandwich gives you a larger surface area to sear and more importantly lets you stack more toppings on top of your patty. A win-win scenario if ever there was one!
In this video, we used 1 pack of spicy Italian Sausages from Nutrafarms, 4 brioche buns, spicy dijon mustard, some mustard greens, sliced plum tomatoes, provolone cheese and mayonnaise.
These sausages are made from Ontario raised cage-free pork. They are leaner other sausages which helps create a crispy outer layer when pressed into a patty and seared.
- Remove the sausage meat from its casing.
- Mix the sausage and then press it into 4 patties each about 1cm thick.
- Season the patties with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a cast-iron stove to medium-high, add 1/4 cup of vegetable oil and pan fry. Make sure your pan is hot enough to get a nice sear on the patties. That's all flavour!
- When the patties are almost cooked through, top them with a slice of provolone cheese.
- When the cheese melts into gooey deliciousness, remove the patties from your pan.
- Add butter to the pan and then place the brioche buns face down in the pan until toasted.
- Now it's time to build.
- Add a spoonful of dijon mustard to the bottom bun and then place the mustard greens directly on top.
- Add the sausage pattie covered in provolone.
- Top with sliced plum tomatoes. Make sure to season the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Spread a spoonful of mayonnaise on the top bun.
- Take a pic, tag #nutrafarms and dig in!
Eating With Nutrafarms
The only way to know if eating with Nutrafarms is right for you and your family is to speak with one of our farm representatives. They will walk you through the ordering process and show you how to customize your order to your family's tastes and budget.