ChefD's Italian Sausage Sandwich
Greetings! ChefD here, and today I am excited to share with you a delightful recipe that will elevate the humble sausage sandwich to new culinary heights. Prepare to be amazed by the tantalizing combination of flavours and textures in this delectable Italian Sausage Sandwich, featuring Ontario raised, cage-free pork sausages.
So, what sets this sandwich apart from the rest? It's the ingenious round shape that not only allows for a perfectly seared patty, but also permits you to pile on a generous amount of toppings for a true taste explosion. Trust me, it's a win-win situation!
Ingredients for ChefD's Italian Sausage Sandwich
- 1 pack of spicy Italian Sausages from Nutrafarms
- 4 brioche buns
- Spicy Dijon mustard
- Mustard greens
- Sliced plum tomatoes
- Provolone cheese
These lean Ontario raised, cage-free pork sausages provide a crisp outer layer when pressed into a patty and seared to perfection.
Instructions ChefD's Italian Sausage Sandwich:
- Remove the sausage meat from its casing.
- Combine the sausage meat and form into 4 patties, each about 1 cm thick.
- Season the patties with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a cast-iron stove to medium-high, add 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, and pan-fry the patties until they have a nice sear. Flavour is key!
- As the patties are almost cooked through, top them with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Once the cheese melts into gooey deliciousness, remove the patties from the pan.
- Add butter to the pan and toast the brioche buns face down until golden brown.
- Time to assemble! Spread Dijon mustard on the bottom bun, followed by mustard greens.
- Place the sausage patty with melted provolone on top.
- Add seasoned sliced plum tomatoes, and then spread mayonnaise on the top bun.
Final Thoughts on ChefD's Italian Sausage Sandwich
And there you have it, my friends! A scrumptious Italian Sausage Sandwich just waiting to be devoured. Don't forget to snap a pic, tag #nutrafarms, and dig in!