Italian Sausage Sandwich
Sausages made with Ontario raised, cage-free pork. On their own they are delicious but in a sandwich, they are absolutely amazing.
What's the big deal about the sandwich you may ask. The answer is simple. A round sandwich gives you a larger surface area to sear and more importantly lets you stack more toppings on top of your patty. A win-win scenario if ever there was one!
In this video, we used 1 pack of spicy Italian Sausages from Nutrafarms, 4 brioche buns, spicy dijon mustard, some mustard greens, sliced plum tomatoes, provolone cheese and mayonnaise.
These sausages are made from Ontario raised cage-free pork. They are leaner other sausages which helps create a crispy outer layer when pressed into a patty and seared.
- Remove the sausage meat from its casing.
- Mix the sausage and then press it into 4 patties each about 1cm thick.
- Season the patties with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a cast-iron stove to medium-high, add 1/4 cup of vegetable oil and pan fry. Make sure your pan is hot enough to get a nice sear on the patties. That's all flavour!
- When the patties are almost cooked through, top them with a slice of provolone cheese.
- When the cheese melts into gooey deliciousness, remove the patties from your pan.
- Add butter to the pan and then place the brioche buns face down in the pan until toasted.
- Now it's time to build.
- Add a spoonful of dijon mustard to the bottom bun and then place the mustard greens directly on top.
- Add the sausage pattie covered in provolone.
- Top with sliced plum tomatoes. Make sure to season the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Spread a spoonful of mayonnaise on the top bun.
- Take a pic, tag #nutrafarms and dig in!