There is no compromise for comfort food. Enjoy the prep, the aromas, and the smiles. This is great therapy!
Ingredients for Bolognese Sauce:
- 1 lbs of ground beef
- 1 lbs of ground pork
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 1/2 cup of finely diced carrots
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2×26oz dice tomatoes
- 1×26 oz ground tomatoes
- 1 small tin of tomato paste
- 1 cup of red wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Bolognese Sauce:
- In a large stock pot over med-high heat, add ground beef, pork, onions, carrots, and garlic. Sauté until ground meat mixture is cooked.
- Add diced tomatoes, ground tomato and tomato paste, then stir in red wine with the mixture.
- Bring mixture to a gentle boil and simmer for 5 to 6 hours. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!