When it comes to a delicious cut of grass-fed beef, the Ribeye Steak is in a class of its own. The abundant marbling results in a steak that is juicy and flavourful even when served well-done.
In this post, ChefD shows you how to cook a Grass-Fed Ribeye Steak using a cast iron pan and a wood-fired pizza oven.
Not to worry, if you don't have a pizza oven, this technique can be easily duplicated in a regular oven which makes it perfect for home chefs!
- Grass Fed Ribeye Steak from Nutrafarms
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
Prep & Directions
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 F.
- Liberally season your steak with salt & pepper.
- Place the Ribeye into a room temperature cast iron pan and then put it in the oven.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes per side depending on how you like your steak cooked.
- If you have a meat thermometer, check the temperature to 120-130 F on each side.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the steak sit in the pan for an additional 5- 10 minutes where it will finish cooking.
- Once the fat has rendered and the steak has hit your desired level of doneness, remove from your pan, serve and enjoy!
Thoughts From ChefD
When cooking a grass-fed ribeye steak, the only way that you can go wrong is by over-powering the steak's natural taste with a bunch extra season or sauce. A ribeye is an impressive cut of beef and its flavour speaks for itself. It's almost impossible to find a better tasting steak than a ribeye thats properly seasoned with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper!