If you're looking to start the weekend off with a bang, check out this double-stacked grilled cheese BLT. This frankenwich makes it easy when you can’t decide between a BLT or the classic grilled cheese. Why not have both?
Using high-quality ingredients like Nutrafarms thick-cut bacon and fresh avocado, this sandwich is the perfect combination of salty, creamy, and crunchy. To make it, you'll need just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time. Follow these steps, and you'll have a delicious double-stacked grilled cheese BLT in no time.
Ingredients for Double-Stacked Grilled Cheese BLT:
- 4 slices of white bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 slices of American cheese
- 8 slices of Nutrafarms thick-cut bacon, cooked
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 large slices of tomato
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep & Directions for Double-Stacked Grilled Cheese BLT:
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat.
- Take the four slices of bread and spread a generous amount of softened butter on one side of each slice.
- Place two of the slices of bread, butter-side down, on the skillet or griddle.
- Add two slices of American cheese on top of each slice of bread, and top with the remaining two slices of bread, butter side-up this time, to form two grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Cook for several minutes on each side, or until cheese is melted and sandwiches are golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Using one grilled cheese sandwich as your base, begin to build the BLT by adding 8 slices of bacon on top of the cheese.
- Add a slice of tomato, the slices of avocado and a large handful of lettuce on top of the bacon.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and top with some mayo.
- Place the remaining grilled cheese sandwich on top and push down to make sure it stays together!
- Slice in half and enjoy!
Final Thoughts: Double-Stacked Grilled Cheese BLT
This Double-Stacked Grilled Cheese BLT is the perfect combination of classic comfort food flavours but with a new twist. With fresh, high-quality ingredients like Nutrafarms bacon, fresh tomatoes and avocado, this sandwich is hard to beat.
Next time you're in the mood for something familiar but a little bit different, give this one a try. You won't be disappointed!