As a chef, I believe that chicken thighs are a versatile and underappreciated cut of meat that can add tremendous flavour and tenderness to soups. Today, I want to share with you my recipe for Lemony Chicken and Orzo Soup, which is a great way to showcase the natural goodness of chicken thighs.
The lemony and herb-infused broth, combined with tender chicken and orzo, create a delicious and satisfying soup that is perfect for any occasion. So, let's get cooking and discover the wonderful flavours of this Lemony Chicken and Orzo Soup.
Ingredients for Lemony Chicken and Orzo Soup:
- 1 tablespoon Melia extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 leek (white and light green parts only), halved and sliced crosswise ½ inch thick
- 2 celery stalks, sliced crosswise ½ inch thick
- 1 medium-sized sliced carrot
- 1-1/2 cups diced raw Nutrafarms boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- ½ cup orzo
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Fresh dill for garnish
Instructions for Lemony Chicken and Orzo Soup:
- Heat Melia extra-virgin olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the sliced leek and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes. Add the diced boneless chicken thighs and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes, until browned.
- Add low-sodium chicken stock and lemon juice to the pot and bring the mixture to a boil. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to medium. Add the orzo and sliced carrot and continue to cook for 20 minutes, or until the orzo is cooked through.
- Remove the pot from the heat and serve the soup hot, garnished with fresh dill.
I hope you enjoyed making and savouring this Lemony Chicken and Orzo Soup as much as I do. It's a great way to incorporate the delicious and nutritious chicken thighs into your diet, and the flavours and aromas will definitely leave you wanting more. Don't be afraid to get creative and experiment with different herbs and spices to personalize it to your taste. As always, happy cooking!