We’ve conducted an unofficial office survey asking our staff what their favourite part of the chicken is… and the answer was almost unanimous, THIGHS! Chicken thighs have a delicious marbling of fat that makes them tender and juicy when cooked. Plus, their quick cooking time means they're perfect for almost any occasion.
We asked ChefD to come up with a simple yet sophisticated recipe we could share, and he did not disappoint. We think you are going to love his Wood-Fired Chicken Thigh recipe.
Ingredients for ChefD’s Wood-Fired Chicken Thighs:
- Nutrafarms Boneless Chicken Thighs cut into palm-sized portions
- Cajun seasoning (other seasonings may be used)
- Ginger powder
- Onion powder
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
Prep & Directions for ChefD’s Wood-Fired Chicken Thighs:
- Place the boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs into a mixing bowl and add other ingredients: Cajun powder, ginger powder, and onion powder.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours.
- Set your oven to 400-450 F.
- Place the chicken into a room temperature cast-iron frying pan.
- Cook for about 7 minutes.
- Turn chicken thighs, then cook for another 2 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thoughts From ChefD
In recent years, Canadian tastes have shifted towards chicken breasts because they are packed with protein and are very low in fat.
BUT, almost any chef you speak with will tell you that they prefer the juicy flavour of chicken thighs, which can be used with almost any recipe. I know I do!