Ready to level up your appetizer game? This dish combines the sweetness of dried figs, the creaminess of bocconcini, and the saltiness of Nutrafarms' thick-cut farm bacon to create a flavour explosion that your guests will love.
Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Figs:
- 1 pack Nutrafarms thick-cut farm bacon (approx 7 slices)
- 7 dried figs
- 7 bocconcini
- 7 toothpicks to secure the bacon around the figs
- 2 tbsp local honey
- 1 tsp black pepper
Prep & Directions for Bacon Wrapped Figs:
- Preheat a pellet grill (or oven, or BBQ) to 350°F.
- Remove the woody stem from the dried figs and open them up to create a bowl.
- Place one bocconcini inside each fig.
- Wrap the fig and bocconcini in bacon to form a little bacon cup and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the bacon-wrapped figs on the preheated grill and cook for 30-40 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy, fig is gooey, and cheese is melted.
- Let the bacon-wrapped figs rest for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey and black pepper to create the black pepper honey drizzle.
- Drizzle the black pepper honey over the bacon-wrapped figs.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is perfect for a spring or summer BBQ, or any occasion where you want to impress your guests with a unique and delicious appetizer. The combination of the salty bacon, sweet figs, and creamy bocconcini is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Don't forget to use Nutrafarms' thick-cut farm bacon for the best flavour and quality.
At Nutrafarms, we pride ourselves on sourcing high-quality meats from local, sustainable farms. Our thick-cut farm bacon is the perfect addition to this dish, providing a smoky, rich flavour that pairs perfectly with the sweet figs and creamy bocconcini. Whether you're grilling up these bacon-wrapped figs for a party or simply looking for a delicious and easy appetizer, Nutrafarms has you covered.