Have you ever craved the delicious and crispy Crunchwrap Supreme from Taco Bell? Now you can enjoy it at home with this easy DIY recipe!
The secret to making the perfect Crunchwrap is using the right ingredients and folding technique. In this recipe, we'll show you how to fold a tortilla into the iconic hexagon shape and fill it with tasty beef, cheese, and crunchy toppings.
Ingredients for Crunchwrap Supreme:
- 1 pound Nutrafarms Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 1 package of taco seasoning (we used our own version - a blend of salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cumin works great)
- 4 extra large flour tortillas
- 4 tostada shells
- 4 small tortillas
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Hot sauce, to taste
Prep & Directions for Crunchwrap Supreme:
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet until browned. Add the taco seasoning and a tbsp of salsa to the beef and stir to combine.
- To assemble the Crunchwrap, place a flour tortilla on a flat surface and begin adding your other layers, starting with the cheese.
- Spoon a layer of beef over the cheese. Drizzle with sour cream, and then top with a tostada shell before adding another layer of beef, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream.
- Add one last layer of cheese and top with 1 of the small tortillas, and fold the edges of the large tortilla up and over the filling, forming a big pocket in a hexagon shape.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place the Crunchwrap in the skillet, folded-side down. Be sure to hold it tight as it can still fall apart easily at this point until we get it crispy. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip the Crunchwrap over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, and remove to a cutting board to rest.
- Repeat steps 1-6 for the remaining Crunchwraps.
- Serve hot and enjoy your DIY Crunchwrap Supremes!
Final Thoughts: Crunchwrap Supreme
This DIY Crunchwrap Supreme recipe is a fun and easy way to enjoy a delicious fast food classic at home. You can customize the toppings to your liking and experiment with different flavour combinations. Give it a try and let us know what you think!