Spring is finally here and it's time to fire up the grill! And what's better than grilling some juicy and flavourful chicken? At Nutrafarms, we believe that bone-in, skin-on chicken is the way to go for the best flavour and texture.
In this post, we'll share with you some tips and tricks on how to grill the perfect bone-in, skin-on chicken every time.
Benefits of Bone-In, Skin-On Chicken:
When it comes to grilling chicken, bone-in, skin-on chicken is the way to go for several reasons. Firstly, the skin helps keep the meat moist and juicy, while also providing a crispy and delicious texture. Secondly, cooking chicken on the bone adds extra flavour and nutrition to the meat. And finally, grilling bone-in, skin-on chicken over indirect heat allows for even cooking and prevents the meat from drying out.
Preparation and Cooking:
Preparing bone-in, skin-on chicken for the grill is incredibly easy. Simply season the chicken with salt and your choice of spices or herbs, coat it with some oil, and you're ready to go.
For best results, we recommend cooking bone-in, skin-on chicken over indirect heat on the grill. This means that the chicken is not placed directly over the flames, but rather cooked using the residual heat from the grill. This allows for even cooking and prevents the skin from burning.
Here are some additional tips to help you grill the perfect bone-in, skin-on chicken every time:
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature of 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes after grilling to allow the juices to redistribute and keep the meat moist.
- For extra flavour, try marinating the chicken before grilling, or basting it with a sauce or glaze while cooking.
Looking for some inspiration for your next bone-in, skin-on chicken grilling session? Here are some recipe ideas to get you started:
- Lemon and Herb Grilled Chicken: Season the chicken with salt, pepper, lemon zest, and your choice of herbs, then grill over indirect heat until cooked through.
- BBQ Chicken Thighs: Brush the chicken with your favourite BBQ sauce while cooking over indirect heat on the grill.
- Garlic and Rosemary Grilled Chicken Breasts: Marinate the chicken in garlic, rosemary, olive oil, and lemon juice for a few hours before grilling over indirect heat.
Grilling bone-in, skin-on chicken over indirect heat is the perfect way to achieve juicy, flavourful, and crispy chicken every time. At Nutrafarms, we believe in providing our customers with the best quality meat, which is why we offer bone-in, skin-on chicken from Ontario farms. Give it a try and taste the difference for yourself!