At Nutrafarms, we believe in the importance of using only the best ingredients in our meals. That's why we recommend using our wild-caught salmon for this recipe, sourced directly from our trusted fishermen. Our salmon is fresh, flavourful, and loaded with nutrients to give you a meal that's both delicious and healthy.
Now, let's get cooking!
Ingredients for Japanese Salmon Rice:
- 4 cups of Japanese Rice
- Wild-caught Salmon from Nutrafarms
- White Dashi
- Soy Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Salt & PepperRoasted Sesame Seeds and Nori to Garnish
Prep & Directions for Japanese Salmon Rice:
- Begin by seasoning your salmon with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a pan and pan-sear the salmon, skin-side up. Flip after about 5 minutes.
- Once the salmon is cooked through, remove the skin. If you like to eat salmon skin, fry the skin a little longer and set it aside when crispy.
- Break the salmon into smaller pieces in the pan. Add rice to the pan and mix the rice and salmon together. Continue to mix until the salmon flakes into the rice, forming smaller bit-sized pieces.
- Add white dashi and soy sauce to taste, stirring constantly until the salmon and rice are well-coated. This will give your salmon rice a delicious umami flavour that will make your taste buds sing.
- Plate the salmon rice and top with roasted sesame seeds and pieces of nori for an added crunch.
There you have it - a simple, yet mouth-watering salmon rice recipe that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. You can find more salmon recipes featuring our Canadian Caught wild fish right here.