There's nothing quite like a classic backyard grilled burger on a warm summer day. The smoky flavour, charred crust, and juicy patty are irresistible. At Nutrafarms, we believe that the best burgers start with the best beef. That's why we use only
In this blog post, we'll teach you how to cook the perfect burger over direct high heat and give you tips on achieving that smoky flavour. So, fire up the grill, grab some buns and toppings, and let's get started!
Ingredients for Classic Backyard Burger:
- 1 pound
Nutrafarms grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 slices of cheese (cheddar or American)
- 4 hamburger buns
- Toppings: ketchup, mustard, pickles, tomatoes, onions
Instructions for Classic Backyard Burger:
- Preheat your grill to high heat, as hot as you can get it. If using a charcoal grill, wait until the coals are white-hot.
- Divide the ground beef into 4 equal portions and form into 1/4lb patties.
- Season both sides of the patties with kosher salt.
- Place the patties on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side for medium. If you prefer your burgers more well-done, cook for an additional minute or two per side.
- During the last minute of cooking, place a slice of cheese on each patty to melt.
- While the cheese is melting, toast the buns on the grill. About 30 seconds or so should do it at these temps.
- Remove the buns from the grill and place the burger patties with melted cheese on top.
- Assemble the burgers with your favourite toppings such as ketchup, mustard, pickles, tomatoes, and onions.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your classic backyard grilled burger!
Tips for Classic Backyard Burger:
- Make sure your grill is clean and well-oiled to prevent sticking.
- Do not press down on the patties while they are cooking, as this will release the juices and make them dry.
- Don't be afraid of flames! They can give your burger a smoky flavour and a nice charred crust. Beef is a much more robust meat than pork or chicken and can stand up to higher cooking temps.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure your burger has reached an internal temperature of 160°F if cooking to well-done.
Final Thoughts for Classic Backyard Burger:
With Nutrafarms grass-fed ground beef and these grilling tips, you can make the perfect classic backyard grilled burger that your friends and family will love. The smoky flavour, charred crust, and juicy patty are what make this recipe a classic.
If you're looking for high-quality beef to make your own backyard burgers, why not try Nutrafarms' grass-fed ground beef? With our