How To Pan Fry A NY Steak
Last year while attending the Run For A Cure in Ottawa with ChefD he told us how he felt pan-fried steaks were an amazingly simple yet underutilized delicacy.
And what's not to love?
The seared in-flavours, the buttery finish, and don't get us started about the way a fresh sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt melts right into the finished meat right before you serve it!
Hopefully, our love of pan-fried steaks has whetted your appetite. Once you learn how to properly pan-fry a steak your barbeque might start to get lonely.
In this video, we used 2 grass-fed NY Steaks, 1/3rd of a cup of vegetable oil, a few sprigs of rosemary and thyme, 2 dollops of salted butter as well as Himalayan salt and pepper.
Nutrafarms is a company that supplies Ontario raised grass-fed beef. As such we are very concerned with the quality of the beef being served. We believe that if you start with a great tasting cut of beef you're 90% of the way to a delicious dinner before you even turn on your stove.
- Season 2 room temperature NY Striploin steaks very liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks into an oiled cast-iron skillet preheated to medium-high. In the video, we used about a 3rd of a cup of vegetable oil in our pan. The high temperature is going to give this an awesome sear on the outside.
- Flip the steaks about once a minute so that they cook evenly.
- Make sure to sear the edges to seal in all of the juicy goodness.
- About halfway through our eight-minute cook time (medium well), through some herbs and butter into the pan. We used rosemary and thyme but feel free to use anything you have handy.
- Move the steaks around to soak up all of the flavours in the pan.
- Take your steak out when it's cooked to your liking.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice, take a slow-mo shot, tag #nutrafarms and serve.
We hope you love this easy recipe idea that is guaranteed to please even the staunchest of steak snobs.
Eating With Nutrafarms
The only way to know if eating with Nutrafarms is right for you and your family is to speak with one of our farm representatives. They will walk you through the ordering process and show you how to customize your order to your family's tastes and budget.