How To Pan Fry A NY Steak
Last year while attending the Run For A Cure in Ottawa with ChefD he told us how he felt pan-fried steaks were an amazingly simple yet underutilized delicacy.
And what's not to love?
The seared in-flavours, the buttery finish, and don't get us started about the way a fresh sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt melts right into the finished meat right before you serve it!
Hopefully, our love of pan-fried steaks has whetted your appetite. Once you learn how to properly pan-fry a steak your barbeque might start to get lonely.
In this video, we used 2 grass-fed NY Steaks, 1/3rd of a cup of vegetable oil, a few sprigs of rosemary and thyme, 2 dollops of salted butter as well as Himalayan salt and pepper.
Nutrafarms is a company that supplies Ontario raised grass-fed beef. As such we are very concerned with the quality of the beef being served. We believe that if you start with a great tasting cut of beef you're 90% of the way to a delicious dinner before you even turn on your stove.
- Season 2 room temperature NY Striploin steaks very liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks into an oiled cast-iron skillet preheated to medium-high. In the video, we used about a 3rd of a cup of vegetable oil in our pan. The high temperature is going to give this an awesome sear on the outside.
- Flip the steaks about once a minute so that they cook evenly.
- Make sure to sear the edges to seal in all of the juicy goodness.
- About halfway through our eight-minute cook time (medium well), through some herbs and butter into the pan. We used rosemary and thyme but feel free to use anything you have handy.
- Move the steaks around to soak up all of the flavours in the pan.
- Take your steak out when it's cooked to your liking.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice, take a slow-mo shot, tag #nutrafarms and serve.
We hope you love this easy recipe idea that is guaranteed to please even the staunchest of steak snobs.
If you'd like to receive a Free Sample of our delicious, Ontario-raised, grass-fed beef, please click the link below and we'll arange a time to deliver it directly to your door.