Last year, while attending the Run For A Cure in Ottawa with ChefD, he told us how he felt pan-fried steaks were an amazingly simple yet underutilized delicacy. And what's not to love?
The seared in-flavours, the buttery finish, and don't get us started about the way a fresh sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt melts right into the finished meat right before you serve it! Hopefully, our love of pan-fried steaks has whetted your appetite.
Once you learn how to properly pan-fry a steak, your barbecue might start to get lonely.
Ingredients for a Pan Fried New York Striploin:
- Nutrafarms Grass-Fed NY Striploin Cut
- 1/3rd of a cup of vegetable oil
- a few sprigs of rosemary and thyme
- 2 dollops of salted butter
- Himalayan salt and pepper
Instructions for a Pan Fried New York Striploin:
- Season 2 room temperature NY Striploin steaks very liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks into an oiled cast-iron skillet preheated to medium-high. In the video, we used about a 3rd of a cup of vegetable oil in our pan. The high temperature is going to give this an awesome sear on the outside.
- Flip the steaks about once a minute so that they cook evenly.
- Make sure to sear the edges to seal in all the juicy goodness.
- About halfway through our eight-minute cook time (medium well done), throw some herbs and butter into the pan. We used rosemary and thyme, but feel free to use anything you have handy.
- Move the steaks around to soak up all the flavours in the pan.
- Take your steak out when it's cooked to your liking.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice, take a slo-mo shot, tag #nutrafarms and serve.
Final Thoughts for a Pan Fried New York Striploin:
Remember, a great tasting cut of beef is essential for a delicious dinner. That's why at Nutrafarms, we prioritize the quality of our grass-fed beef, so you can confidently cook a delicious and healthy meal at home.
We hope you love this easy recipe idea that is guaranteed to please even the staunchest of steak snobs.