Flavourful Delights: Nutrafarms’ Homemade Spring Rolls (Haru Maki)
I’m excited to share my wife’s incredible spring roll recipe with you. Trust me, these spring rolls are out-of-this-world delicious, and the best part is, they’re super easy to make. You don’t need to be a culinary expert to nail this recipe. So, let’s get started!
Ingredients for Homemade Spring Rolls:
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 cabbage
- Nutrafarms’ grass-fed beef
- 1/2 onion
- 1 pack of spring roll pastry
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of fish oil
- 2 tablespoons of Maggi sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Oyster sauce
- 1 knob of ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 heaping tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of cold water
Prep & Directions for Homemade Spring Rolls:
- Prepare the vegetables by cutting the celery, carrot, and cabbage into thin, 3 cm long strips for a satisfying crunch.
- Grate the ginger and mince the garlic. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, adding the ginger and garlic to infuse the oil with their aromatic flavours.
- Add the grass-fed beef to the pan and cook until it reaches about 75% doneness for a juicy and tender filling.
- Incorporate the prepared vegetables and stir-fry until they become soft and slightly tender.
- Enhance the flavours by pouring in Maggi sauce, oyster sauce, and fish sauce, adding a savoury depth to the filling.
- Create a slurry by mixing cornstarch with cold water in a separate bowl. Stir it into the pan, ensuring it coats the ingredients evenly to bind the filling.
- Allow the filling to cool completely to prevent the spring roll pastry from becoming soggy during frying.
- Assemble the spring rolls by placing a spoonful of filling onto a spring roll pastry sheet, folding it tightly to seal the edges. Repeat until all the filling is used.
- Heat oil in a pan or deep fryer and fry the spring rolls until golden brown and crispy, preserving the moist and flavourful filling.
- Serve your homemade spring rolls with your favourite dipping sauce or a tangy sweet and sour sauce for an explosion of flavours.
Variations and Tips:
- Experiment with additional vegetables like bean sprouts, bell peppers, or mushrooms for added texture and flavours.
- For a vegetarian option, omit the beef and increase the vegetable quantity.
- Add a dash of hot sauce or sprinkle chili flakes into the filling mixture for a spicier kick.
Now that you have the inside scoop on my wife’s amazing spring roll recipe, it’s time to bring these delectable treats to your own kitchen. Whether you’re planning a casual family dinner, hosting a gathering with friends, or simply craving a flavourful snack, these spring rolls are sure to impress.
Remember, the key is in the combination of great ingredients, the mouthwatering filling, and the perfect crunch. Feel free to get creative with your own variations, adding your favourite fresh herbs, sauces, or even experimenting with different protein options.