How to Make Free-Range Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Brie
Chef D insists that cooking simple recipes is the best way to emphasize the how delicious Ontario raised free range chicken really is. This recipe call for only a few ingredients but resulted in an undeniably good dish that was a hit with everyone the day we made this video.
To make this recipe you're going to need an oven safe pan. Chef started out by pan searing the chicken breasts for 2 minutes per side before stuffing them with brie and placing them into a pre heated oven.
Brie Stuffed Free-Range Chicken Breasts
- Free-Range Chicken Breasts (boneless and skinless). If you live in Ontario, Canada, we strongly recommend using the chicken breasts that Nutrafarms provides but if you happen to live somewhere else we'll forgive you. The important thing is that you are using the best chicken you can find.
- 1, 2cm thick slice of brie for each chicken breast you are making.
- 2 tbls butter.
Free-Range Chicken Breast stuffed with brie
- Dry your chicken breasts using paper towel. This keeps unwanted moisture out of the pan and lets you get a nice layer of caramelization on your chicken while you pan sear it.
- Use the paper towel to grip your free-range chicken and slice into the breast, stopping about 3 cms shy of the other side of the breast. This should form a pocket you can later use to stuff the chicken.
- Add 2 tbls of butter to frying pan preheated to a medium high temperature.
- Place the chicken into the pan. You should hear a nice sizzling sound when the chicken is placed in the pan.
- Sear the chicken breast for 2 minutes per side. This should produce a golden brown layer of caramelization.
- Remove your chicken from the pan and stuff them with a piece of brie.
- Place the chicken back into the pan and then bake at 375 degrees for about 12 - 15 minutes or more importantly when the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 180 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from your oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice the breast on a 45 degree angle and plate with some delicious sides. In the video. Chef D pairs his chicken with a barley pilaf and some of Nutrafarms, delicious green peas.
Chef D topped the brie stuffed chicken with a sauce he concocted while cooking for Roberto Alamar, in a house with a near empty fridge. Chef D told us he whipped together a few of the ingredients he could and ended up creating a rich sauce with a nice twang. Heres how to make it:
1) combIne 1/2 lychee juice and 2 drops of hot sauce in a pan. Then reduce the liquid by 3/4.
2) Whisk in 1 tbsp of butter and serve.
Making stuffed free-range chicken breasts is devilishly simple way to add a little kick to a delicious piece of chicken while maintaining the natural flavour and texture of the chicken.
You can substitute the brie with any other ingredient you like. Chef D prefers a "nice cheddar that's been aged for 2 years" and also love a combination for goat's cheese and dried cranberries. Really the possibilites are endless, enjoy whichever way you choose to stuff your chicken.
Eating With Nutrafarms
The only way to know if eating with Nutrafarms is right for you and your family is to speak with one of our farm representatives. They will walk you through the ordering process and show you how to customize your order to your family's tastes and budget.