Classic Canadian BLT: A Delicious Twist on a Favourite
Get ready to sink your teeth into a true Canadian delight with our homemade Canadian BLT sandwich. It’s a simple yet scrumptious take on the classic BLT, featuring Nutrafarms’ Peameal Bacon.
This sandwich brings together juicy Canadian bacon, fresh veggies, and creamy mayo, all nestled in a soft bun. Whether you need a quick lunch fix or a satisfying dinner, this Canadian BLT is a winner.
Ingredients for Canadian BLT:
- Nutrafarms’ Pea meal Bacon
- Fresh buns
- Marble cheese
- Sliced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
Prep & Directions for Canadian BLT:
- Grab some fresh buns from your local bakery. The bread makes all the difference in this sandwich, so choose wisely.
- Cook up Nutrafarms’ Pea meal Bacon just the way you like it. Pan-frying works great, but if you’ve got a smoker, go ahead and add that extra smoky flavour.
- Slather both sides of the bun with a generous amount of mayo. It adds that creamy tang that makes every bite irresistible.
- Place a slice of marble cheese on the bottom bun. It’ll melt beautifully and give your BLT an extra cheesy kick.
- Layer on the cooked pea meal bacon. Let that bacony goodness take centre stage.
- Add a few slices of fresh tomatoes on top. They bring a juicy pop of flavour that balances out the richness of the bacon and cheese.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on the tomatoes, just enough to enhance their taste.
- Pile on the lettuce for that satisfying crunch. It adds a refreshing element to the sandwich.
- Top it off with the other half of the bun. Give it a gentle press to bring everything together.
- Now, take a big bite and relish the incredible flavours of this classic Canadian BLT. It’s pure sandwich bliss!
Variations and Tips:
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different bread types like whole wheat or ciabatta for added texture and taste.
- Get creative with toppings! Add avocado slices, caramelized onions, or a dollop of tangy mustard to personalize your BLT.
I love this sandwich because of the way the fresh lettuce and tomatoes compliment the saltiness of the pea meal bacon. This sandwich only takes about 15 mins start to finish, which makes it perfect for a weekend lunch, on the patio with family.